Josiah wanted to make "Balentine's" for his friends at preschool. He loves to make crafts and use glitter and glue and stickers. I loved that he had something to make, because I hate to have him make things and then have nothing to do with them. I usually let him play with them or hang them on the fridge till they get torn up and then throw them away.
He really liked using the glitter pens (so much easier and less messy than glue and glitter) so much that I had to make him use the stickers and hearts. He was really mad when I didn't give him the glitter pens, but I was finally able to convince him that he would get them after he used the stickers and the hearts.
At preschool they made Valentine box during crafts and then had an exchange after school. One of the little girls also had a birthday so we had her party and the Valentine exchange, so the kids really had fun. At her party I discovered that Josiah LOVES party hats; he was trying to crawl across the table to get them. He wore it during the whole party and when it fell out I had to help him put it back on.
After the party he went and put his Valentines in the boxes. He had fun doing that, although he keep trying to get the candy.
Elaina also had fun but she didn't care about the party (probably because I wouldn't let her have any of the cookie cake). She had fun playing and trying to get into everything. She wanted to pull out all the toys. She LOVES to empty out boxes. I think her favorite toys are storage boxes that are filled with toys, no matter what kind of toys are in them.
This post reminds me that the Valentines that her received are still in the box in the top of our closet. He had eaten enough sugar at the party (She had a double cookie cake from Sam's and it was super tasty, but SOOOO sweet). I didn't want to battle him over eating any of the candy so I hid it. I guess tomorrow may be a good day to go through them since it is suppose to be a rainy day.
No comments:
Post a Comment