Thursday, February 9, 2012

The stiches come out

Monday we took Josiah back to the ER to get his stitches removed.  And let's just say I am glad that we went there and not to his new doctor.  I was afraid that if we went to his new dr that he might associate going to the dr with his stitches and not ever want to go.

I am so glad that we went to the ER.  To say Josiah did not cooperate would be a major understatement.  They usually take the stitches out in the triage room, but not Josiah's.  He was crying and saying no that they decided to take him to one of the ER room and lay him down.  Well that didn't help much either.  To make a long story short, after 3 different nurses trying they ended up wrapping him up in a sheet and having Trey lay across him.  Two of the nurses held his head while the third struggled to remove the stitches.

He screamed so loud that I am surprised that we all didn't suffer some sort of ear drum damage.  You can kind of see the red mark/bruise on his face in the picture above.  He had little bruise on his face and body from fighting so hard as they were holding him to remove the stitches. 

The whole ordeal taught Trey and I a lot about patience and grace.  We were both getting agravated about waiting so long to get it seen at the ER.  I was frustrated that they didn't restrain him from the start and or sedate him.  Trey was frustrated with Josiah for not listening to us on the removal and trusting that it was not going to hurt.  I had to remind him that the little guy is only 2 and didn't really understand what was going on.  Trey reminded me that they don't want to restrain/sedate kids unless they have to, it would be more tramatic on a kids to be tied down if not needed.  This is just another example of proof that God knew what he was doing when he paired us together.

Oh and we also learn just how physically strong our little boy is.  And lets just say that we are going to be in trouble if he continues to be this strong as he grows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment