I took him into the bathroom to clean it up and notice that it needed stitches. Trey was working a Special Olympics event so he could not hear his phone. I left him a message saying that he needed to call me ASAP b/c Josiah needed stitches. I tried to call again and to use Josiah's word Nuffing; he did not answer. SO I decided to load the kids up and go get him. Oh I forgot to mention that Josiah was wearing only his underwear and Elaina was covered in food. I quickly got Josiah dressed and wiped at Elaina's face. I got them loaded in the truck in record time. Probably b/c I let Josiah get in with out his shoes. He was excited to go outside barefooted. (I took his shoes and put them on him when we got to the field house.)
Once we got to the field house I realized that there were way to many people to leave the kids in the car while I ran in to get so we all got out and went in. As I was getting Josiah out I told him that we were going to see daddy so he could look at his bo bo and he told me that it was not a bobo that it was a scratch. He said that his scratch needed a band aid. (He later told the nurse that it was not a cut it was a scratch.)
There were so many people that I was afraid that it would take forever to find Trey, but luckily I saw Coach Patrick and he went and got Trey for me. Trey though he was joking about Josiah needing stitches until he saw us. So we loaded the kids back up and headed to the hospital.
Josiah was being a trooper. He was not crying or anything. He cried a little when it first happened and when I got a rag to clean up around his face but other than that he was strong. When we got to the ER Trey noticed that I had put Josiah's pants on backwards and I noticed that Elaina's face was filthy.
They checked us in and we waited and waited to get called back. Once they saw us they told us what we already knew......he needed stitches. That was
He started SCREAMING when they dr wiped his face with the Bedadine. She left to go get the medicine to numb it and we were told not to let him touch or lick it. Well that was almost impossible. He was crying so his nose started running and when the dr finally came back in she had to clean it again. About the time that they got ready to numb it Elaina started crying so I had to leave the room with her. I was NOT HAPPY about that AT ALL. Josiah was kicking and screaming and I was on the outside looking in.
Elaina had stopped crying so I went in after they finished. They waited a minute or two and began to try to stitch his lip. He was not about to cooperate. The nurse was holding his arms above his head and Trey was holding his body. He was screaming and bucking to the point that I thought he was going to dislocate his shoulders. I was about to ask if they could sedate him somehow when the nurse suggested that they use the board with straps to hold him down. They acted like we wouldn't want them to, but I wondered why they didn't use it to start with. They kept just trying to tell him that he needed to be still, I think that his size may have made them think he was older than 2 years and 8 months old.
Finally they got him strapped down to the board and the male nurse came him to lay across and help hold him still. Josiah was screaming no no it hurts so she gave him more of the medicine. He was jerking and screaming while she was injecting it. After the 2nd injection of the medicine he didn't scream when she started stitching his lip. He didn't like it and he was crying and spitting but the dr was able to sew it up. He had to get 2 stitches.
We had told him that we would get him a slush when we were done. We also tried Chuck E Cheese as a bribe trying to get him still enough to get it sewed up (but that is another post). Of course Sonic was closed by the time we got out and he was wanting his slushie. So we told him that we would go get him an Icee and that he could go in a get it himself, and that seemed to make him happy. He came out with a huge Icee and a big bag of M&Ms.
When we got home we were all exhausted. Trey and Josiah watched a cartoon while I got Elaina to bed and then Josiah went to bed without a fight. The poor boy was worn completely out. He did tell me that he was not going to jump on the couch again though.



Awwww poor buddy!!!!! I miss y'all soooo much!!! I showed Shelby this and she says, " there's Josiah!! Inna go see 'em mommy! I miss him!". Aww breaks my heart!!!! :(.
ReplyDelete