Saturday, July 7, 2012

Josiah's cake

Josiah helped me bake a cake yesterday.  He wanted to do everything by himself, but I was able to convince him that I should help him.  We made a Funfetti cake and he dumped all the ingredients into the bowl.  We thought that the cake need a few extra sprinkles in it so he add a few more.

Notice where Little Missy is in the background.  She is in the pantry, which is her favorite place to hang out these days.  It started out that she would go and pull on the door when she wanted something to eat, but now she just goes in there to play.  I know that the lever style door knobs are extremely helpful to many people.  They would have been great for my grandmother who had Rheumatoid arthritis in her hand, but for a toddler not so much.  Elaina has been able to stretch and open them for several months, and now she doesn't even stretch.  She just walks up to any door and is able to open it with ease.  (We have a child safe thing around our front door that make it where she can't open it.)  The only thing worst than Elaina getting into the pantry is Josiah trying to keep her out.  He will stand in front of the door and yell "no Sissy you are not suppose to get in the pantry" which makes her start screaming because she can't do with what she wants.

Now make to the cake.  I asked Josiah if he wanted to color the icing.  He said yes and after I told him that he could only have one color, of course, he chose green.  He wanted to do 2 colors green and red (any time he gets something he wants 2) but I was afraid of the out come would be so we stuck with just the green.  After we iced the cake he shook the sprinkles on top. 

After we finished the cake we got to eat it.  Elaina finally got to join in on the fun.  She really enjoyed it and ate all her piece, Josiah only ate the icing off his. 

I love how focused she looks in this picture.  But of course in the next one she was all silly.  That is my little girl.  Sweet as can be one minute and then silly the next.  I can't wait to see all the stories she come up with when she is Josiah's age. 
After taking a few pictures of Elaina I had to hurry and take one of Josiah before he made a mess.  I think he thought that we were taking a picture of her because she was messy.  I hurried and snapped on of him and he was happy and stopped trying to make a mess. 



No comments:

Post a Comment