Monday, July 2, 2012

Playing in a tent

Today the kids were a little crazy.  I guess having daddy off for 2 weeks and spending time with grandma and grandpa made a day home with momma boring.  I was getting the toy garden out of the playroom for Elaina to play with and Josiah wanted me to get the house out too.  Once I got them out he started telling me to make a tent.  I did and it didn't work out so well because Elaina kept tearing it down and Josiah wanted it made with both toys. 

So I decided to get out a few of the kitchen chairs and use them to make the tent.  Josiah liked it much better because Elaina couldn't tear down as easy, but he didn't want to share.  Elaina had a lot of fun crawling in after him.  Josiah finally decided to share and kept putting a box next to the tent.  He would crawl into the box and say that he was in his basement.  I have no idea where he comes up with these things.

One of the main reasons for getting the toys out, which lead to making the tent, was to keep Elaina out of Josiah's bed.  I am convinced that is her favorite place to play.  I know that it is a cool race car bed that is the perfect height for her to climb up on, but I just do not understand her obsession with it.  She doesn't care if he is in there or not; she will go climb up in his bed and play with what ever she can find to play with.  If she gets out of site and quiet that is the 1st place I look for her and I usually find her there.

Well today I knew they were both in his room playing while I was swapping over the laundry.  As I was walking out of the laundry room, I hear Elaina crying.  When I walk into Josiah's room she has stopped but has a red mark on her face.  I asked Josiah why she was crying and he says because I tackled her.  I tell him that is not suppose to tackle his sister and he looks at me and very seriously says but I like to tackle people.  So I have to tell him that we don't tackle people.  Again I have no idea where he comes up with this stuff. 

So as I am trying not to laugh, I decided to take Elaina off the bed and out of his room to prevent her from getting tackled again.  Well apparently she was having fun because she was jumping around and laughing while we were having the no tackling conversation.  When I picked her up she started screaming 10 times louder than she did when he tackled her.  She was not happy with me at all.  That is when I decided to get the toys out for her to play with and that led to the tent. 


No comments:

Post a Comment