I know that Easter was over a week ago but I wanted to post our family's Easter anyway. While we celebrate with egg hunts and Easter bunny, we make sure then kids know the true meaning of Easter. Josiah will tell you if you ask him why we celebrate Easter it is because Jesus died on the cross for us. I think that we are doing a good job teaching the true meaning.
Anyway here are a few pictures from our Easter celebration.
We went to 2 different egg hunts this year. The first one was the week before and it was freezing. The kids got to take pictures with the Easter bunny(but only with me there too) and hunt eggs.
The second was the Saturday before Easter and it had been raining right up till the event. The kids ended up having to hunt with the K-2nd graders because they had roped the toddler area off so small to avoid the water, that not everyone could get through the gate before they started the hunt. Several of this age ended up with the older group because the eggs were gone before they could get in the gate. The kids didn't really get any eggs at this hunt but Elaina had fun picking up all the broke pieces that were laying on the ground. Josiah fell in the mud/water and didn't really care about the eggs after that.
We also dyed eggs at the house. The kids had fun with that for a little while. Of course Elaina spilled one cup of the dye. I got the idea to use the whisk from a friend and it allowed the kids to pull the eggs in and out of the dye and look at them.
Sunday morning we had to get up early for church (sunrise service and breakfast). I actually remembered to get a picture of the kids as we headed out to church. I was really proud of Josiah. He choose to wear that shirt on his own. I was giving him a polo shirt with blue jeans (figured that would go over better since all he had been wanting to wear is soft pants aka wind pants) and he said know that he wanted to wear a shirt like daddy's, so I went and got him a button up one and khakis.
After services we tried to get a family picture. They didn't turn out so great but at least every one is in the picture.
Park City Utah
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment