Sunday, April 28, 2013

Naturals Game

Last week we went to the Northwest Arkansas Naturals game.  They are our local minor league team (KC affiliate).  Josiah and Elaina had a really good time (except when they saw Strike the Sasquatch mascot).  They are both TERRIFIED of him.

Elaina is watching to make sure Strike doesn't get any closer




Notice that Josiah and Trey both have on green shirt on.  When I was getting Josiah clothes for church that morning, I asked him if he wanted to wear a shirt like daddy to get him to wear a polo instead of a t-shirt.  Well I guess that he thought I meant dress just like daddy, because he ran into our room the second Trey got out of the shower and asked him if he had a green shirt and shorts like his.  So when Trey found a green polo shirt Josiah insisted that he wear shorts too.  Trey happily agreed.


When the kids got a little restless at the game, about the 7th inning (would have been sooner but Strike was hanging out at the top of our section), we took them to the playground to play a little while.

At the end of the game they let all the kids run the bases.  I knew Josiah would do fine, but I thought we might have to give Elaina a little direction or maybe even run with her.  Boy was I wrong!!!  As soon as we got on the field and she saw all the kids she took off and never looked back.

Once Josiah saw Elaina running he took off running too.  They had the biggest smiles on their faces as they were running.

It was a nice day to be at the ball park and we all had a great time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment