| Picture taken before we started therapy. It is my lock screen on the Ipad. Couldn't find it on the iPad so I took a screen shot of it today. I think it was back in Sept or Oct |
While I am relived that he is up to age group with his gross motor skills, I am some what nerves about being done. He has made tremendous progress with his head tilt and mobility, but now I am afraid that he will have set backs. Which are common as babies start walking, but it should resolve on its own in a few weeks.
| This was taken a couple of weeks ago and you can see that he is holding his head upright. |
We have to continue to work with him on sitting all the way up on his own and crawling. He doesn't really want to get on his hands and knees much. We also are to watch and make sure that the head tilt doesn't come back as he starts walking. We also have to make sure that he stays flexible and that the muscles don't tighten back up.
I guess my fear now that we are done with therapy is that he will start to fall behind again. The weekly PT visits reasurred me that we were on the right track and gave me feedback as to what was improving and what needed working on. Now it is up to us.
I know that he was improving and that he was getting past the point of needing therapy, but I guess it had became my crutch. It had become my security blanket know that he was progressing as he should.
I
| Another showing how well he can hold his head upright |
This is one of the times that I need to step back and stop stressing and enjoy the milestone that we have reached. No more physical therapy. Emmett no longer has torticollis and his gross motor skills are where they need to be.
Hey aren't most of your elite sprinters naturally tight muscled? They just have worked on stretching over the years to overcome the tightness. So you never know, right?



No comments:
Post a Comment