After going to El Dorado and then on to West Memphis last week, we had a nice relaxing day today. We went a little walk at one of the local trails. Elaina wasn't too happy because she wanted to ride in the wagon and we kept telling her to walk for exercise. She really did enjoy most of the walk, but she did whine a little bit.
The kids had hoped to find blackberries along the trail like we did last summer. The side trails were really wet and muddy, but we went far enough to find some blackberries. Unfortunately the berries were just forming and were all green. So we will have to go back in a week or two and check on them again.
We also decided to go ahead and start working with Emmett on potty training. He did really good this morning while we were out and about. He stayed dry on our walk and went to the potty while after we finished lunch. We had to go to Sam's so we decided to get him some ice cream as a reward. When we got home he was crying and begging for bed. Every time that I asked him if he needed potty he would just cry and say I want bed. We put him down for nap and he woke up dry.
After naps we went to get me a pair of tennis shoes, because I forgot mine at my parents house. I've needed a new pair for a while but just wouldn't go buy a pair. I finally agreed to get new ones so that I would have something other than sandals to wear.
After our afternoon errands Emmett didn't do so well with the potty training. He wet his pull up and then pooped in his undies. But we have to start somewhere.
Since it started back raining the kids watched a movie while we got supper ready. After supper we bathed the kids and let Josiah play Minecraft a little while. After relaxing a little while longer we got ready and put the kids to bed.
Today was a great end to crazy busy time that we had since mid week last week.
Park City Utah
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment