Monday, August 15, 2011

Rainy Day!!

Last week we had several rainy days, which we needed.  I guess it has been a long time since Josiah has heard a thunder storm b/c he woke up sacred several times.  We finally decided that saying a prayer and asking Jesus to protect him & then giving him Billy the Buck Tooth Bat (stuffed animal) for him to hold.  I broke my heart to leave his room knowing that he was scared, but it was what was best for everyone.  I would have (and did try to) lay down with him in his bed or let him sleep with us, but that did not work at all.  He will not go to sleep in our bed at all.  He will toss and turn, jump on and kick us, or beg to watch Movers.

The rain was not all bad though, it did give us some fun playtime.  Josiah was staring out his window looking at the rain while Elaina slept in.  I decided that I would get her monitor and take him outside.  He had so much fun playing in the rain. 
I set a bucket out so we could see how much it rained, but Josiah decided it was more fun to dump the water out as soon as there was a little bit in it.
He also loved running and touching the fence.  I don't know why that was so funny to him, but he would run out from the patio touch the fence and run back.  He had the best laugh the whole time he was doing that.  He even made me do it several times with him, and I must admit it was pretty fun. 

I think that his favorite thing was the down spout.  He studied it for a while and then decided to use his bucket to catch the water.  He would fill it and then throw it in the air and laugh. 


 I wanted to get a picture that showed how much fun he was having and this was my first attempt.  It is nearly impossible to get a picture of him being still.  But I think that this truly shows how much fun he had.

I love his eyes in that pic.  To bad he is eating his bucket.  I was able to get a picture of him smiling so big that his eyes where closed.  I think that I enjoyed our time in the rain as much as he did.

Elaina missed all the rain run, but we did do a little photo shoot later in the day.  Here are a few of the highlights.  And yes that is poop on her onesie.  I did not even notice it until I was reviewing the pictures after I had taken several.  I felt like Mother of the Year when I noticed that. 

I love this picture, but I just hate that I didn't notice the poop.  I guess I will have to crop that out if I want to print any of these.

I did get a few head shots that you can't see the poop.  I love the all expressions that she makes.  I am glad that I was able to capture a few of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment