Sunday, October 2, 2011

Don't Spank my Sissy

Last night Elaina was rolling around on the floor and kept rolling over to the cord that goes to her monitor.  Josiah was eating supper and watching her roll around.  I picked her up and told her to leave the cords alone.  I put her back in the middle of the floor and went to finish my supper.  In no time she rolled back over to the cord.  This time Trey was going to get her and decided to "spank" her for getting in the cords.  I was thinking that we should so Josiah would see that she didn't get to play with cords either.  Well Trey patted her bottom as he picked her up and told her that she can't play with cords.  He turned to ask Josiah if sissy needed a time out and that is when the crying started. 

From Josiah!!! Elaina had no clue what was going on and was laughing and cooing.  She didn't even feel the "spanking" much less hurt from it.   Trey put Elaina back on the floor and was going to comfort Josiah, but he didn't want anything to do with him.  He was crying hysterically and wanted me.  He was in his high chair and his hands were covered yogurt.  When I got to him he started trying to climb out of the chair and up me.  He could not get away from Trey fast enough.  This was the kid that was glued to his daddy's side all day long. 

He did let me clean him up a bit and I was able to comfort him and make him realize that his Sissy was ok.  He stayed mad at Trey for a little while, but soon got over it.  Trey and I realized that our attempt to discipline Elaina to help Josiah understand that she doesn't get to do things just b/c she is a baby back fired.  But we did get a good laugh (after Josiah went to bed) at the huge tears that he cried b/c his sister got in trouble.  I pray that he always cares so much about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment