Sunday, April 1, 2012

Elaina's Birthday Party

We had Elaina's party a few weeks early while we were down south visiting our families.  You can see her invitations in the post below.  I can believe that my baby girl will be one on Tuesday.

I made her shirt for her birthday.  I cut out the Mickey Mouse and ironed it to the onesie with a one cut out that I found at Hobby Lobby.  I also dressed her in her $5 tutu that I got her for Christmas.  I was glad that I was able to make her a shirt that matched it. 

She did not leave the headband on long.  As soon as I let go of her hands she was grabbing at it to pull it off. The girl hates bows.  She usually has taken it off and thrown it before we can even get out the door.  If I wait to put it on her when I get out of the van, it is off before we go in where ever we are.  In fact yesterday when we were having pictures made she even tore the bow off the tutu.  I guess that just show that she REALLY doesn't like bows!!  I thought that she was just too cute in her birthday outfit.

I went with a Minnie Mouse theme for the party.  I made her cake to look like Minnie's profile and Elaina was able to have one of the ears as her own personal cake.  I also tried to make some Minnie Oreo pops.

They are a great example of way I should not Pinterst.  They looked nothing like the picture I saw.  I think when I make them as Mickey for Josiah's party I will try almond bark instead of Candy Melts like the directions said.  I think that will be better because it will melt thinner and make it easier to coat the cookies.  It should also taste better; Candy Melts are waaaaaaay too sweet.  I decided not to stress over the cookie pops, and go ahead and give them to the guest.  I knew that the kids wouldn't care what they looked like; they would love them because they were Oreos covered in sugar.

Elaina was not sure what to do will the cake. Josiah helped her blow out the candle and I think he was hoping to help her eat it too.  The party hats were a last minute purchase, because Josiah thinks you have to have them at a birthday party.

She was did not really like the icing on her hands.  But once she tasted it she decided that it was ok.  She ate a little bit of it.  She really didn't make to big of a mess.

And she was willing to share.  She gave daddy some of her cake and then wiped her hands all over my face to share with me.

After cake we let her open her presents.  She had a lot of fun opening her gifts.  I knew she would though because her favorite thing to do is dump things, and all of her gift were in bags so she had lots to dump.

Elaina had a lot of fun playing with Julia.  I worked with Julia's mom at PC.  She was the 1st of the three babies born to PC teachers last year.  She is a little over a month older than Elaina.

Julia tried to "run" off with one of Elaina's outfits.  It was so funny to watch her run away with them because she "walks" on her knees, and she is super fast too.

These pictures make Elaina look like a big bully, but they were really playing nicely.  I guess Josiah is right, Sissy is a good sharer.  I thought he was able to say that bc she can't take things away from him, because as he says he is way bigger. 

Thanks to all our friends and family that helped us celebrate her birthday.  She had a great party and a lot of fun.  She was so tired that she passed out in the van the minute that we drove off.  This was how I found her when we stopped to eat about 5 minutes later.

No comments:

Post a Comment