Josiah has been telling me for
weeks months that he needed to go to the bowling ball place. Every now and then we would drive past the bowling ally in our town and he would tell me to stop bc that was the bowling pin place. The sign in front of the building had a giant bowling pin on it, and I have no idea how he knew it was called a bowling pin. (The kid never ceases to amaze me.)
 |
| Carrying the ball all by himself |
Well it had gotten so bad that he when I asked him what song he wanted me to sign to him at night, he would say the bowling ball song. I told him that I didn't know the bowling ball song and he told me that it was "Roll the ball down the lane, hit the pins, knock them out the door." So I repeated it in a singing voice and he was so happy.
 |
| "Oh, Wow!" Rolling the ball for the down the lane |
So this past weekend we took the boy bowling for the 1st time. There are not words to describe how much fun he had. He absolutely LOVED it. We took him to Fast Lane, which is a place that has bowling, games, go carts, laser tag, and more. They have the cool little dinosaur ramps that Josiah could use to push his ball off of, and they have bumpers that popped up in the gutters when it was his turn. The bumper rails were really cool b/c they only came up on Josiah's turn; Trey and I were able to bowl without them. Even though I would have done much better with them.
 |
| Watching his bowling ball |
I felt bad that Elaina was not getting to bowl so I let her have one of my frames. Well actually Trey had to make her take my frame. She was NOT HAPPY about having to bowl. She tried to sit down to keep from having to push the ball. Trey literally had to pull her hand up to the ball and push the ball with her had. She didn't want to touch the ball and started fussing when he made her.
 |
| Trey making Elaina bowl |
 |
| Josiah doing his happy dance bc he is bowling. Elaina is mad bc she had to bowl |
Josiah did really well, in fact have way through the first game he was beating both Trey and myself. Of course he is already saying that he needs to go back to the bowling ally. I think we will hit up some of their kids discount days this summer and just hope that Elaina decides to like bowling as much as her Big Brother.
 |
| Josiah is beating us |
 |
| Enjoying the cookie from his kids meal after we finished bowling. |
No comments:
Post a Comment