Sunday, May 13, 2012

Josiah's 3rd birthday party

We had Josiah's birthday party last weekend.  We decided that since the weather had been so warm that we would just have a splash party at our house.  Josiah had told me that he wanted to have a Shoe Garage (from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) cake.  I thought ok I'll try to make that, and then I saw a template to make a cake with the whole clubhouse minus the shoe garage.  I decided that I could make the whole clubhouse and just add the shoe garage to it.  I was really pleased with how it turned out.

I really felt good when we brought it out for the party and one of the kids said "Hey that's the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse."  She then started naming the parts.  I was really proud that I made Josiah the cake that he wanted. 

We got a kiddie pool and a slip n slide for the kids to play; we also had several water guns also.  We didn't plan anything just let the kids play.  They all had so much fun just running around the yard playing in all the water.

I love the look on Josiah's face in this picture.  It shows his mischievous side.  He was running around shooting everybody with the water gun so we had to make the you can't shoot adult rule.

The kids loved sliding down the little slide into the pool.  I didn't think that it was possible to get any more kids in the pool, but they proved me wrong.

They fit even more in and around the pool.  After they had played for a while we took a break for cake and presents.  Josiah loved his cake and green candles.  Good call Trey for making sure we got a pack of candles that had 3 green ones in it.

After the cake the kids went back to play some more.  The good thing about a splash party is that all the kids cleaned up themselves in the water after eating the cake.  LOL

After waking up from her nap Elaina had to join in all the fun.  She found a water gun a walked around with it for the longest time.  She didn't really like it if she walked near the sprinklers or if some one sprayed her with a gun.   So we made another rule Don't shoot the baby.

Thanks to all of our friends that helped made Josiah's birthday part so much fun.  He is already talking about all the stuff that they can do the next time they come over to play.

Oh I almost forgot.  I made the Mickey Mouse cookie pops again and they turned out great.  I learned from the mistakes that I made the 1st time (click here to see 1st attempt) this time I used chocolate almond bark and it worked great.  I also used a bottle of cookie icing to "glue" the ears on.  They turned out so much better and tasted great too.  I am glad that I took the left overs to preschool, because I would have eaten them all if I hadn't. 



No comments:

Post a Comment