Sunday, January 4, 2015

Josiah's Baptism

Well I am way behind in blogging important events in our lives.  So while I am playing catch up I decided to start with the most important events first.  Back in September Josiah had a friend that accepted Jesus as his savior and got Baptized; this started Josiah asking a lot of questions.  We made sure that we answered all his questions but didn't really push any of the discussions.  When Awanas started the first few lessons were on salvation so we had many opportunities to discuss it with him. 

Late September/early October of cat Cheeto died.  We told the kids that he went to heaven to live with Jesus.  That kicked the questions into over drive.  Josiah asked would he go to heaven and get to see Cheeto again and I told him that if he asked Jesus to be his savior that he could.  He asked a few questions about that and we made sure to answer them, but didn't want to push him into anything. 

One morning he got up and said asked again about see Cheeto one day and I said that if you ask Jesus to be your savior that you will.  He looked at me like I was crazy and said "I already did, Momma, I did last night!"  Trey and I were afraid that Josiah was just telling us what we wanted to hear, so we sat up a meeting with our pastor.  After talking with Josiah, our pastor said that he knew what it meant to be a sinner and that Jesus died and rose again to save him from his sins.  Each time that he talked to our pastor he made it clear that he had already asked Jesus into his heart. 

So we planned that on November 2nd he was baptized.  He was so excited that he could hardly wait for the date.  When it finally arrived he was so excited he could hardly make it through Sunday School. 

I am so thankful that he has accepted Jesus as his savior.  I pray daily that Elaina and Emmett will as well one day.  I am grateful that he will grow up following Jesus and have the Holy Spirit to guide him in his decisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment