Saturday we took the kids to the University of Arkansas hockey game. Josiah and Emmett loved it, and Elaina got bored real quick. I don't think that they play in a NCAA league but it is some kind of collegiate league. There are several SEC schools that they play but they also play some smaller schools as well.
It was really fun to watch the hockey game, but I felt bad for the other team. Dallas Baptist only had 8 players and you could tell that they were exhausted. Their goalie was really good even though he gave up 7 goals. I know that is terrible but considering the puck was on their end of the ice 95% of the time, and I think that might be a conservative estimate. I wish I could have seen the stat sheet after the game to see the number of saves he had. It seemed like the razorbacks were constantly shooting at the goal.
We went and stood down by the ice for the 3rd period. Josiah LOVED seeing the action on the glass. We were right behind the goal so there was a lot of action. I really don't think the puck was on the other end for a total of 2 minutes that period. Every time some one would crash into the glass he would just cheer.
Emmett, who was taking everything in early in the game, was over it by the 3rd period. He had more fun running circles around us all than watching the game. He did laugh some when some one crashed or a puck hit the glass.
Elaina was bored about 10 minutes into the game. She did get a little excited to see the Zamboni the first time. She also liked the sparkly dress of the girl that did an ice skating routine during one of the intermissions. She was completely done with the hockey game by the 3rd period. When we walked down to stand next to the ice she was more interested in aggravating Emmett than watching the game.
I don't think that Elaina would be that interested, but I know that Josiah would be ready to go to another one tomorrow if we told him there was a game. Emmett would probably be happy either way, unless Trey took Josiah and left him home with me and Elaina.
Park City Utah
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment