Thursday, January 22, 2015

Trip to the fire station

Today we toured the fire station with our playgroup.  We have went several times in the last 4 years and the kids still love it.  This time Emmett got in on the action.  He was a little unsure at first, but soon he was right in the middle of everything.

Josiah really liked it and got to wear a fireman's coat.  He was surprised at how heavy the coat was.  I  love that the fireman put on all his gear so that the kids can see what he would look like in an emergency. 

Elaina was not really fired up about the experience.  She said she didn't want to go because of the noise and lights, so I guess she was afraid that they would turn on the siren.  They didn't and she did ok, but wouldn't ever get very far from my side. 

I was able to get a picture of the kids all together.  Anytime they all agree to stand next to each other for a picture, I start snapping away because I know it won't be long before at least one starts to run away. 

After the tour we went with some friends to McDonalds for lunch and playtime.  The kids had a great time and Emmett was all over the play structure.  This was the first time that he really figured out how to climb up it and he had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment