We decided to leave Josiah in the nursery for the first time today. We had him dressed so cute today and I forgot to take a picture. He had on little khaki pants, yellow polo shirt, and the cutest little Nike shoes (thanks Quinn family for the shoes) that I have ever seen. I got Trey wear his yellow polo & khaki pants as well. We thought we would leave him during Sunday school and then check and see how he was doing. We said we would take him to church with us if need be. When we checked on him he was doing great. I don’t think the ladies that were working the nursery would have let us get him if we wanted to. He did great & we didn’t get paged or anything. He did have a little diaper leakage so when we picked him up he was pantless. Oh well that happens. We had an extra outfit in the bag, but the burp cloth covered him up in his seat, so we just left him like that. Hey he's 12 weeks old & can get away with going out in public with no pants, so why not.

Trey & Josiah after church
After we got home we decided to try rice cereal for the first time. The Dr told us that we could try it when we had Josiah's 2 month check up. (that was almost a month ago) He told us that we could replace a feeding with the cereal and if we did it at night then it may help him sleep better. Well we were blessed with a little boy who loves to sleep, so we had wanted to change anything. If it ain't broke don't fix it, right?
First bit of cereal
Not real sure but he ate it
We wanted to try it before he started daycare in case we need to supplement a bottle feeding. I also wanted Trey to feed him the first time. So today was the day since football this week and he starts daycare Aug 19th. He really seemed indifferent about the cereal. He kept putting is hands in his mouth and made a big mess.

I'd rather have my thumb!

I'm a messy eater!!!
Throwing a fit b/c we washed his face
So much for sleeping better. Our little man was up most of the afternoon with a tummy ache. Thank goodness we tried it during the day. He fussed and cried for a long time. I fed him a few of hours later and he seemed to feel a little better after that. After eating the second time he did take little nap with his daddy. Thankfully the tummy ache went away before church tonight. He is sleeping soundly. I am soooo glad we didn't try the cereal right at bedtime!!
No comments:
Post a Comment