Monday, March 8, 2010

Sick Baby

Friday afternoon I had one sick baby. My mom called me after school to see if I had left yet. She told me that Josiah was wanting to be held and didn't seem to be feeling well. When I got to her house we took his temperature and it was about 101. We didn't have any Tylenol so my mom went to the store up the road and thankfully they had some. While she was gone I took this temp again and it said 102.5! That was under his arm which means you add a degree & it was 103.5. Now he had not been acting like he felt bad at all. He had a low grade fever (99) the night before but he is teething so we didn't think anything of it. Well I about flipped out. It was 4:30 on Friday afternoon & our dr closed at noon. I remembered the Health Care Express in Magnolia. I waited for my mom to get back & gave him some Tylenol & then we headed back to Magnolia to get him to the dr. When we got there his fever was much lower right around 100, but they said that he had a upper respiratory infection and ear infections. We knew he had a cold but had no idea about the ears. Same thing last time, we took him to the dr for congestion & found out that he had the start of ear infections. This time they were full blown & causing him to have a high fever. The dr gave him an antibiotic shot, an oral antibiotic, & a cough/congestion medicine. His fever stayed high most of the night, but by the next morning it had broken.

You can tell that the little boy didn't feel well by the pictures

He would not eat anything so we tried the glucose water that we had left from when he was born. He drank enough of that to make us feel better.

I took his helmet off as soon as I realized that he had a fever. We left it off that night so that he would not he as hot. We decided that we would rather have a slight set back and have him comfortable.

Look how pitiful he looks.

1 comment:

  1. Bless his heart- and your's too!! Nothing is worse than a sick baby!! Praying he is better!!
    Missed you Sunday- now I know why!! My boys were all out with the same thing!!

    ReplyDelete