We went out to my aunt and uncle's house yesterday to see my cousins from south Texas. We decided to go yesterday b/c the weather was nice enough that Josiah could play outside with Tyler and Pete. Of course I forgot my camera at home so I didn't get any pictures of them playing. The only pictures that we got were with Trey's phone when Josiah fell. I had been helping him walk down the steps, but decided he knows how to walk down them and it is only 2 steps. Well that was a mistake. He fell down them hitting his nose on the edge of one of them and then hit his head on the metal grate at the bottom. It was a completely helpless feeling seeing him fall in front of me and not being able to do anything about it. I knew that if I were to grab at him I would just make it worse, and that it would probably hurt his arm/shoulder as well as his head and face. So I just had to stand and watch him fall in what appeared to be slow motion.
My little tough boy barely even cried. He whimpered a little bit when it his daddy picked him up, but I think that was because all the adults' reactions scared him. Then he cried a little when we washed his face but who wouldn't cry over that.
If all that was not enough the little guy fell off the bed and hit the other side of his head not 15 minutes later. I guess it is a good thing that he is a tough little fellow.
Now we ask him about his bo bo and he will point to his head and say "ouch." He looks and sounds all pitiful, but then will start laughing.
I think that it looks worse today than it did yesterday.
Park City Utah
4 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment