Josiah was sick this weekend so I decided that I would make our weekly grocery shopping while Josiah took his nap. I didn't think that we needed to get him out, so our weekly family trip to Wal-Mart trip was out. I know; we do such exciting things. Before I left I made a list which is something that I rarely do; I usually just select from the few things that we always make and pick up replacements for what we ate the previous week. I decided to make out a roughly planned menu of some things that I would like to eat this coming week. When I asked Trey what he wanted to eat for supper he said that he didn't care, so I suggested soup. I love been wanting potato soup and Trey said that sounded good to him too. We hit the cookbooks and found one that looked easy and tasty. So I added the ingredients to my list.
We made the soup for supper and it was super tasty. Josiah even LOVED it. I was excited that he was eating so well and that he drank a whole sippy of tea. We normally don't give him tea, but we just wanted him to drink something since he had been sick. He had a sippy with pedialite but he wouldn't drink it. He wanted our tea so we gave him some in a sippy and he drank it all. The tea was decaffeinated and sweetened with Slenda, so it was not much different than water. I think he would have eaten the whole pot if we would have let him.
 |
| This looks yummy! |
 |
| This is yummy. I really like this. |
Josiah added his own "special" ingredients to the soup. We had given him some cheerios while we waited for the soup to cool a little bit. He decided that he needed the cheerios in his soup instead of the corn bread that we were eating.
It was obvious that Josiah really liked the soup and wanted some more.
 |
Mom I need some more please (or pweess as he says)
|
 |
| Oh wait there is a little more in my bowl. |
 |
| There I got it all; now I need more. |
He ate a second bowl just as good as the 1st. Yes he licked the bowl again. I will have to remember this recipe when he is not eating well.
No comments:
Post a Comment