I took Josiah to the doctor for his ear infection check up yesterday. The right ear (which was infected at his 1 year check up) looked good, but the left ear had pretty bad infection. So we have another round of antibiotics (different than the last) and a check up in 2 weeks. He is still teething (he has the front 4 on both top & bottom) and these seem to be a little difficult. He is not acting like he is in any pain; he just drools a lot and keeps getting ear infections. Even the ear infections don't really seem to bother him that much. He is a little fussy from time to time but nothing that would suggest that he is sick. The only time that he acts like he feels bad is right after the seeing the doctor; I think that is because the otoscope irritates his ear. The doctor did tell me that Motrin is better for ear aches & teething. So when we got home I gave him some Motrin and that seemed to make him feel a little better. He feel asleep while I was holding him and he was out so I thought that I might be able to put him to bed. Well we had took the sheets off his bed to wash them and had not put any back on the bed, so I had to improvise.
At first I laid him on the couch and he didn't even flinch. I didn't really like that because I was afraid that he may roll around and fall off.

So I decided to make him a pallet on the floor. It woke up for a second as I laid him down, but I gave him his orange cat paci and patted his back and he went right to sleep.

He loves to sleep with his booty up in the air. He will tuck his knees up under his body and pull his arms up under his chest and sleep in a little ball.

After his little nap he woke up and was on the go again. He wasn't the clingy little boy like he was 2 weeks ago when he had the other ear infection. Today he wanted to play, not be held.
No comments:
Post a Comment