Monday, January 23, 2012

Attempting a walk

This afternoon I thought it would be nice to go for a walk.  I made Josiah a snack to put in one of the cups that he can reach through the lid.  He grabbed his sippy, climbed  into the stroller and was ready to go.  Well as soon as I got Elaina in next to him, she started trying to grab his snack cup.  He was not happy about that and I knew she didn't need the raisins or marshmallows that was in his cup.  So I asked Josiah if I should go get her a cup of her own and he said yes.  I went and got her one with some puffs in it. She was happy that she had her own cup and Josiah was happy that she was leaving his alone. 

She played with the cup and was waving it around, b/c she had no clue how to get the puff out of it.    Josiah watched her for a minute then reached over and got a few puffs out of her cup.  I thought he was going to eat them himself, but to my surprise he put them in her mouth.  He turned and looked at me with the biggest smile and said "I feed Sissy!"  He was so proud of himself and I was too.  I told him that was very nice and I was proud of him for being so sweet.  He continued feeding her the puffs until they were gone.
Feeding Sissy a puff
Well as soon as the snacks ran out both kids started fussing.  Josiah didn't like the way that we were walking and wanted to go home.  He started saying he was cold; I don't know where he got that from other than maybe me telling him to get inside bc it is cold when he is not dressed properly.  Josiah's fussing I could deal with, b/c I usually can distract him.  But Little Miss Elainakins was not happy to be strapped into the stroller.  She was fussing and pushing her feet under the footrest and arching her back trying to push out of the stroller.  When that didn't work she decided to sit up straight and lean forward.  She refused to sit back in her stroller.

Leaning forward in the stroller
I decided that a walk was not worth all the fussing, so I decided to turn around and go home.  Well about that time the school bus came by, so now my I want to go home little boy wanted to go find the school bus.  So he was now mad that we were going home so he started back fussing.  Oh well I tried, maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment