Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pictures with Santa

Ok I am WAAAAAAAAAAAAY behind again, but this time I sort of have an excuse.  I thought I lost the cord that connects my camera to the computer, but it turns out that it was in my camera bag.  It was in the little pocket on the front of the bag (where it is suppose to be but I never put it there); I thought I had left it at my parents house. 

We had a really great but busy Christmas.  We left on the 22nd to go down south to visit our families and didn't get back till the 27th.   So I guess I should start at the beginning with our visit to Santa.

When I heard that Santa and Rudolph were visiting on of the nearby light festivals, I knew we needed to take the kids.  We kept asking Josiah if he wanted to see Santa and what did he want to tell Santa that he wanted for Christmas.  He told us yes he wanted to see him and that he wanted a "Fokey the Firetruck (Smokey the Firetruck,  he is having a little trouble with his blended s sounds).  I was optimistic that he would sit with Santa, and I knew that he would LOVE the lights.  Last year Santa had to sneak up behind us as we all sat in his sleigh.



He loved all the lights and would point out everything that he saw.  His favorite color is green so he wanted to touch every green light that was in reach.  Elaina also had a good time looking at all the lights.  She loves being outside and watching her big brother. 
Touching the green light
Elaina kept pulling her hood over her eye
We got to pet Rudolph before we went to see Santa.  I was not sure what Josiah would think, because the deer would hit his horns on the rails and it would make a noise.  He said that he wanted to pet him so we told him that he could.....
and he loved it.  I love the sheer joy that you see on his face.  He had so much fun touching the deer.  Next we got in line to see Santa.  He told us that he was going to see Santa and that the wanted Smokey and I asked him what Sissy wanted and he look at me like I was crazy for asking and said a Paci with a tone that was like duh what else would she want.  He said he would tell Santa for her since she can't talk. 

We decided that we would have Josiah sit in Santa's lap 1st and tell him what they wanted; I was afraid that he might chicken out if we gave him to much time to think about it.  The plan was to snap a few pictures of Josiah, then put Elaina in his lap and take a few of them together, and finally take a few of Elaina by herself.

Well that did NOT happen.  Josiah would not even look at Santa much less talk to him.

And Elaina, Well I think the picture explains it well
She was fine when I put her in Santa's lap but by the time I stepped away and Trey could snap the picture she had turned and looked at him.  As soon as she saw Santa she started SCREAMING and if you notice Josiah is still not looking at Santa nor has he taken his hands off his face.  So as soon as Trey snapped this one pic we decided that we had traumatized our children (and Santa enough) so we didn't try to get a better group shot or one of her alone.
We were able to get a family picture made while we were out looking at the lights.  While we were walking around the square Josiah saw something that he was really interesting to him.
Daddy, I want to do that!!
It was the pony ride.  So we let him and he had a blast.

I really like this picture because it shows that Trey is having just as much fun as Josiah.   I am so thankful that we have the opportunity to take the kids to things like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment