Friday, January 27, 2012

Fun in the January sun


Last week we had a great day outside after we got home from Elaina's check up.  Her appointment was at 1:00.  We had a picnic lunch with our friends at preschool bc we wouldn't have time to come home after school.  Josiah had a lot of fun at the picnic but did not really eat much.  He was also really good at her check up.  It was about 2:00 when we left the dr, which is WAY past nap time.  Both kids were exhausted and fell asleep in no time.

I decided to do a few drive through errands just to give them a little longer to nap.  After I finished the errands I decided to go to Sonic and get me a Cranberry Limeade and Josiah a grape slush.  Of course he woke up right as I pulled up to the window (went thru the drive thru) and I told him I was getting him a slush.  He was supper excited until the lady handed me the drinks and I pulled away.  He started screaming I want a sandwich over and over again.  I told him that I would make him a grilled cheese when we got home, and he said "No I want a grill cheese from Mc Donalds.  Poor boy is just a little confused.

When we got home he was happy and we took the drinks outside so that he could have another picnic.  This time in his tree house (that is what he calls his play set).  It was so nice that I put a blanket down for Elaina and she got to play on the ground.  Of course she tried to eat the grass.

I have decided to make the most of the nice weather and take the kids out as much as possible, because I am sure that the cold nasty weather is coming.  Although this has been one of the mildest winters that NWA has seen in long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment