Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My kids and technology

Josiah gets to use our Ipad from time to time as rewards (or a distraction).  He know that he is suppose to keep it on the couch and usually he will lay down and play with it.  The kid has actually shown me things on it that I didn't how to do.  For example, if he wants the volume turned up (he cant work the buttons on the side that work the volume bc of the case it is in) he will select the Netflix app and start a movie, then tap the screen to bring up a slider that controls the volume.  He will use the slider to turn the volume up and then exit out of Netflix and go play the game that he wanted to sound on for. 

When he get the Ipad he doesn't want Elaina to come over to him.  He will push her down if she pulls up on the couch or start yelling for me to come get Sissy.  She has learned to be sneaky about it too.  She will go after him just to hear him fuss.

She had pulled up on the end of the couch and "walked" down the couch to get where she could see the Ipad.  I guess he was letting her watch since she wasn't trying to grab it from him.

I don't know what I will do if she figures out the technology younger than Josiah did.  He was operating an Ipod Touch at about 15 months better than many adults.  I take that back I do know what I will do I will go buy here a science/technology kit to encourage her love for science and technology.  Oh and I will get her a math book bc math and science go hand and hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment