Friday, January 25, 2013

Animal Safari

Last one weekend it was beautiful outside and we took the kids to the drive through animal safari that is nearby.  We LOVED it.  They have an awesome petting zoo and I loved hearing the kids laugh as they played with the animals.

Josiah had the biggest smile on his face the whole time.  Elaina wondered around smiling the whole time.  Josiah really enjoyed feeding the animals, but would rather throw it on the ground than let them eat it out of his hands.  When he did let one eat out of his hand he would laugh so loud.  Elaina really didn't care much about feeding the animals, but she did seem to like the baby pig.


After we left the first little yard, we entered the kangaroo area.  Most of them were napping in the area that they had roped off, but one was out in the open.  I was shocked at how soft their fur was.  Both kids liked petting the kangaroo.

They also had 2 baby giraffes.  Elaina wanted NOTHING to do with them even when Trey was holding her.  Josiah did pet them, but was more interested in the momma and baby chickens that were running around.  in the barn.

After we finished looking at all the petting zoo animals, we started the drive through part.  Elaina was laughing and having a good time, but soon got bored and fell asleep.  Josiah stayed awake the whole time and laughed as the animals approached the van.  He really laughed as the camels drooled on the windows.  He said that we had to go wash the van because of the slobber. 

Towards the end we show a bunch of prairie dogs.  I pointed out the window and asked Josiah if he saw the prairie dog. He responded with "Does that thing have wings?"  Trey and I got so tickled that we couldn't help laughing.  I had to take a picture of one of them, just to help me remember his funny saying.  He was so serious when he asked and when I told him no he just said ok. 

Later on that night I figured out that I think he thought I said Fairy Dog.  That would make sense, but you never know with this little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment