Monday morning after breakfast I took Elaina in to wash her hands. She started pointing at the potty and gabbering something. I asked her if she needed to go potty and she said uhh huh. So I sat her on the potty, not really expecting much. She sat there for a little while and I asked her is she had to poop and she said yes.
Josiah being the helpful big brother went and got a book to read to her. He "read" to her parts of Wacky Wednesday (well, actually recited from memory). She sat there a little longer and next thing I know she had pooped in the potty. I had to stop Josiah from flushing the toilet for her, because Elaina loves to flush them and we have been telling her that she can only do that when she goes potty. I think that is half the reason she wanted to sit on it.
We decided to celebrate her pottying with suckers. I even let Josiah have one since he helped. Later that morning we went to the park and played with some friends and had a picnic. After we got home I changed her diaper and put the kids down for a nap.
Elaina actually woke up from the nap dry. I was a little shocked bc she slammed a cup of water on the way home from the park (and had drank a lot at the park, too). I asked her if she wanted to go potty and she said yes. So I took her to the bathroom.
I sat her on the little potty chair this time because I needed to go check on Josiah (who told me this time that he couldn't read to Elaina bc he didn't know how to read the book she wanted). As I was walking back into the bathroom, Elaina is yelling look and pointing at the potty. She had peed in the potty.
This time we celebrated with the party hats and noise makers that were left over from the Pull Ups House Party I hosted. Thankfully those soon got a hole in them and the kids lost interest in them. We also Skyped with grandma and Papaw Wayne to tell them the good news.
We did not have any luck on Tuesday or Wednesday, but at least she will sit on it and is not scared when she does go. Oh well, we are planning to really focus on her potty training in a couple of weeks when Trey has a 3 day weekend; so we won't have to do it all during spring break. I also want her out of diapers before baby number 3 is born.
Park City Utah
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment