I had inservice today (and tomorrow) so I didn't have any cute new Josiah stories to pass on. I wasn't really sure what I was going to blog about tonight, until Josiah woke up crying a few minutes ago. He had been asleep for awhile and then all of a sudden he started screaming. I was giving him a few minutes to make sure he wasn't just wanting to get up. The other night he wanted to go to bed earlier than usually and slept for about an hour, and then wanted up to play. We didn't give him any milk right before bed so we got him up and gave him some and put him back to bed. He was not to happy with us b/c he wanted to play. So tonight I wanted to make sure he was not doing that again. Well he was screaming, so Trey said we need to go check on him. He went in and picked him up & was patting his back and you could tell he was upset about something. He was still crying but not as hard. I reached for him and he actually came to me (which rarely happens, the boy loves his daddy). I sat down to rock him and sing to him, but he was still whimpering (maybe it was my singing). Trey held him and patted his back and has he swayed back and forth. Josiah slowly settled down and stopped crying and Trey put him back to bed. It was so sweet watching him comfort our little boy.
As I was watching them I remembered this photo.
I wish I had my camera to take a picture but that would have really woke him up. So I found a picture that I took on Monday. I am amazed at how much he has grown in a year.




He was so small...comparing now and then...isn't amazing how you can fall in love with a kid? I still adore my friend's kid who is about to be 6 this summer. I know how much I love that kid and I can't wait to have my own cause I know it will be different...of course you do know you're on my list of moms to ask questions when I have my own.
ReplyDelete