Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Playing with the college kids

On of Trey's coworkers has if I would bring Josiah up the her class for a play day that they had scheduled.  She teaches a Motor Development class and her students were going to play with the children and observe the things that they had learned in class.  Of course I forgot my camera but I did get a few pictures with my phone.
Tell Ced that I would take it easy on him if he takes it easy on Daddy's players.  He is a D-lineman.
Josiah was super clingy when we 1st got there.  He stood between my legs and wrapped one arm around each of my legs.  He was watching everything that was going on, but wanted no part of it.  Slowly I felt him loosen the death grip that he had on my legs.  When he saw the tennis racket he let go with one are to grab it, then he saw another one and let go completely so he could have both rackets.  The soccer ball then was able to lure him away from my side.  Once he got away from my side, he ran around like he owned the place.
Oh Yeah I have all their attention.  Let's see if they can keep up with me.
The students, several were Trey's players, played with Josiah and tried to get him to do certain things.  Every now and then he would do what they wanted him to do.  He mainly ran from station to station looking for a cool toy or what ever caught his attention.
This looks like fun..
There was on thing that always caught his attention....the fruit loops.  He even acted like he was going to play with one of the little girls, but all the did was steal her fruit loops.  If he saw that the big kids had some, he would weasel his way between them and grab a handful.  At one point the big kids were string them onto a ribbon to make a necklace; Josiah walked up to one boy and tried to take the necklace away form him.  The little boy gave me a fearful look like please don't let him take my fruit loops.  My child is fearless.
Now that they are all distracted by my cuteness, I can steal ALL the fruit loops.
We had a lot of fun and were completely exhausted when it was time to leave.  We did make a quick stop by to see Trey before we went home.  I had asked Josiah just before we left if he wanted to play some more or go see daddy.  He looked at me thought for a minute and said dada; so we left and went to Trey's office.  Josiah ran round the field house and played with the big scale that they have.  He was so tired that I knew he would take a nap when we got home, but he just laid in his bed playing for about 20 minutes.  I guess that was resting after all the running he had done playing with the college kids.  Needless to say we both slept really well that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment