Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What a day

My day started and is ended great, but the middle of the day was not so great. I finished up what I needed in my classroom yesterday so I didn't have to go to work today. So I had a day to sleep and send with Josiah. When I went to get Josiah out we played his favorite game of let's see what all I can throw out of my crib. Today it was is paci and little bear that played womb sounds when he was a little baby. I guess it still would if I replaced the batteries. These pictures were taking a few days ago but they give you an idea of what he does. He will throw something on the floor and then point at what he wants you to give him. It is not always the same thing that he threw out.


Grabbed the bunny
After breakfast we were playing and I got one of my favorite things from Josiah. He gave a huge running hug. I love it when he runs across the room and gives me a hug. Well today I got something even better; he ran all the way down the hall to give me a huge hug. What a GREAT way to start your day.

walked to the edge
Now the bad part….. I had to get gas in Trey's truck (which I hate gassing up) and I found the pump would take my card. No big deal I actually had my check book, so I thought I will just write a check. Well that got declined too. The guy working it gave me a card that had a number to call and wrote code 7 or 9 on it; I couldn't really read his writing. So I give him my card thinking that maybe it was the pump that was acting up, well that didn't work either. He tells me that it says that I am over my limit. My heart just stinks, because I know that is not possible. We use our credit card like a debit card and play it off weekly. We use it to get the cash rewards; I like we have gotten around $800 in the past few years and have only paid like $8 interest. Our company keeps upping our limit; I guess they think if they give us an insane amount of credit that maybe we will go crazy and charge more than we can afford. I don't know; anyway all I can think of is the checkbook that I had stolen 10 years ago. That took about 10 months and a 2 inch stack of forgery affidavits.

dropped the bunny
Well long story short our CC company flagged our account for suspicious activity; which was an unauthorized charge to Skype. The flag on our account alerted the company that the gas station used to approve checks that there was a possible forgery so my check was declined. The CC company fixed our account and is sending new cards and that should take care of the check thing.

I want the bunny again
Oh Yeah I forgot the best part. While trying to pay for the gas (with a line forming behind me) I have absolutely no way to pay for my $44 gas bill. I am about to panic, because I know that Trey is tied up with football and I have no idea how I am going to pay for this. The guy tells me that I can leave my id and go down to Wal-mart and get the money. Well I know that want work b/c none of my payment methods worked at the gas station, so I run home to get some money to pay may bill. I was able to get it all taken care of but it was a huge ordeal (not to mention a little be embarrassing)

Thanks mom
My day is ending more like it started. Josiah and I got to go on a walk this evening after supper because it was actually nice outside. It has been so hot that you could even walk across the yard much less around the neighborhood. After our walk we finished our evening watching Wheel of Fortune. I was sitting on the floor with Josiah in my lap and I think we gave Vanna a run for her money on the clapping. Josiah would clap every time someone on the TV clapped. I could tell the little guy was getting sleepy so I decided it was bedtime. We have to get up early in the morning since school starts tomorrow and I knew he needs his sleep.

I love this game
All in all I had a great day. I was a little upset about midday fiasco, but at least it happened on a day that I had the time to take care of it.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I think we've all been there at one time or another. At least you weren't in a hurry or anything. I'm glad you ended it well though!

    ReplyDelete