Thursday, August 5, 2010

Water bottle

Josiah has been playing with this little water bottle all day.  He would act like he was drinking out of it or put it up to my mouth so I could get a drink.  I would take it and squeeze it so that it would blow air in his face and he would just laugh and laugh.  This evening Trey put some ice and water in it and gave it to him.  I was afraid that he would dump it out or make a huge mess with it, but he didn't.  However, I don't think he will be getting anything other than water in it anytime soon, well at least not in the house. 
This is awesome!
He walked around drinking his water like he was something.  I can't believe how big he is getting.  I am constantly amazed at all the things that he can/tries to do, both good and bad.

Notice the wet shirt and the drops on the floor.
After supper Trey gave him the rest of the sucker that he started a few days ago.  He was so funny with it.  He sat there like a big kid eating his sucker.  He is becoming so independent.  He loves to feed himself and so things by himself.  Trey described it perfectly when he said that Josiah hates it when we feed him, he only tolerates it on certain things because he like it so much.  About the only things that he lets us feed him are yogurt, ABC (vegetable) soup, oatmeal (but he is not real happy on that one), and popsicles.

I lover suckers
The sucker was getting small & we were debating on if we should take it away.  Then he bit it.  I was standing by him and grabbed his head, yelled for Trey (who was setting on the couch) and reached to open his mouth.  He spit it out, which I should have expected b/c he still doesn't like big pieces of food.  Trey started laughing at me saying your right there and you can get it out by yourself, you're a mommy that qualifies you.  I guess he is right we both have the same CPR instructor certification (allow he has taught 2 classes a semester and 1 in the summer for the past 5 years), I am a certified athletic trainer, and I have common sense (which is all it would take to get a piece of candy out of a toddlers mouth).

Please don't take my sucker away
Of course I was the bad guy again.  I am not sure if he was crying because I grabbed his head, yelled for Trey, or I took his sucker away.  I think it was a combination of all 3 that made he cry huge tears.  This was a real cry not just one or two crocodile tears.  Thankfully the tears didn't last long and he was up and running around playing again.

1 comment:

  1. I always get nervous when I think I may have to use my cpr training. Haven't used it yet but it's one thing to learn it and get certified, quite another thing to use it and have that thought in your head that if you do it right you save a life...big responsibility. I have to get re-certified though. Being a mommy instantly qualifies you. Scary though...you just needed a little support!

    ReplyDelete