Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fireworks and Fever

This year Josiah stayed awake during the fireworks.   Here is a picture of him sleeping through last years.

 I didn't get any pictures during the fireworks this year.  We went to celebrate with Trey's family on the 3rd and I forgot my camera.  This was our big firework extravaganza this year.  Trey LOVES fireworks and this year he had a huge audience and all the guys put on a show with all the fireworks.  It is a good thing that his parents live in Farmerville b/c I would think that he was crazy driving 2 hours to get fireworks.  He has been getting them from this one place for years and he can get some great deals.  Josiah was a little unsure of them at first and would not let me put him down or let anyone else hold him.  As he got used to them he started smiling and starring up at the sky.  He would wrap his legs around my waist every time one of the really loud ones exploded.
Sunday Trey took Josiah to a local firework stand they got gigantic sparklers and snakes.  Josiah had fun with the sparkler and was amused by the snakes.

Now onto the fever.  Monday Josiah came down with a fever while we were visiting with my cousin and her boys.  When we got home we continued to monitor his fever and once it reached 104 we decided we need to see the dr.  We were afraid that it was his ears again and that it would just continue to get worse.  Of course the dr was closed for the holiday and the office is always closed on Tuesdays, so we decided to go on to the ER.  Well we got there and the admission clerk asked what was wrong and when we said high fever.  I guess she thought that we were stupid or something b/c she asked us "Well have you given him any Tylenol?"  We told her yes, that is why we are here.  When the dr came in he said that his ears were clear, we felt a huge relief.  He said that Josiah just had a virus that had to run it course.  Monday night/Tuesday morning Josiah woke up at 3grunting and whining.  When I went into his room to check on him all I saw was his naked little booty up in the air (he sleeps with his arms and knees tucked up under him).  He had some how taken his diaper off and was burning up.  If he hadn't been sick I would have ran after my camera to get a picture before I got him up, but since he was sick I spared him the photo session.  We battled the fever all day Tuesday and Wednesday.  He went to bed Wednesday night with a little bit of fever, but felt cool when we checked on him during the night.  He didn't wake up during the night like he had Monday and Tuesday nights, so I knew he felt some what better.  Thursday he was fever free and by Friday he was back to his active self.
Here he is on the mend but if you look at his eyes you can tell that he has been sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment