As I looked around the room at all the statues, I couldn't help but think of all the men who made such sacrifices. We remember a few of our founding fathers such as Benjamin Franklin
There were several other who later became president or held other key government offices that I recognized, but I was shock at how many I had never heard about. For instance Josiah's favorite, Pierce Butler....
I hope that is the right name. This is the statue that Josiah kept reaching out to grab as we walked by. I made sure that I took a picture of him and told myself to remember his name. I did a google search of the signers name to help me remember.
Here is a replica an newspaper printing of the Constitution. There was a small plaque in bottom of the case that said that the original newspaper printing was removed form the exhibit to rest. I thought that is was funny that a historical document needed to rest. The original one was printed shortly after the Constitution was ratified.
After the museum we went to see Benjamin Franklin's grave. As our Duck tour guide pointed out, it was kind of ironic that people throw pennies on the grave when one of his famous quotes is "a penny saved is a penny earned."
Josiah enjoyed the Ride the Duck tour, well at least the part that he was awake. He thought he was something when he got his quacker
He tried so hard to get it to work. You could hear him blowing at it, but he seemed just spit all in it. He held it in his mouth and played with it for the longest time. We also got to see a fireworks display that was shot from the Delaware River. It was a good show but we had to endure a long concert by Morris Day and the Time. We could not see the concert but they had speakers sat up so that you could hear no matter where you were. Trey told me to remind him when we got home to start a I hate Morris Day and the Time blog. We were really tired and the concert just would not end; every time that we thought they may be finishing they would play another song.
Just a few more things that I want to post about our vacation, then it will be back to just everyday happenings. It really through me off not having Internet at the hotel, well we could have paid $10 a day for it but I didn't need it that bad,



We went to Philly in 05 when I graduated from college. It was fun but we really were wising we had reserved more than one day there. We saw the important things but missed the museum where I hear there is a statue of Rocky Balboa...my favorite movies of all time!! But isn't it sobering to be where those men were and to see their graves? I got goose bumps when I saw the Liberty Bell.
ReplyDelete