I realized the other day that if some one were to visit our house and stay for a while that they would hear a few phrases over and over again. Here are a few things that we are saying all the time:
- Does Josiah have a fever again? Is it Ibuprofen or Tylenol this time?
- He has been sick this week with a fever virus. It started Monday afternoon and still had a low grade fever this afternoon. We thought yesterday that is was gone at bed time, but he woke up at 3am with a fever and has had one off and on all day.
- No Bite!!
- Josiah has teeth coming in and he likes to chew on me for relief. He has the front 4 on top and bottom that have been in forever. Now he has 6-8 more coming in. The top 1st Molar and the bottom left one are almost fully in. Well I say that I, but every time I think they are in another piece of it appears; those teeth are bad b/c they come in 4 places for 1 tooth. I noticed this morning that his top left I (or eye not sure) tooth has just broke through. I am not sure about the other 3; they look swollen but I can't get a good look. I refuse to feel for obvious reasons.
- Monster Bite
- That is what we tell him when we want him to take a big bite or the last bite of his food. He is our "Little Monster" so we say monster bite. It is funny when we say that he will open his mouth really wide and make an "oommpp" sound as he takes a bite.
- Josiah get down
- We have a climber. He will climb on anything that he can get dig his toes into. He climbs up onto the couch/recliner then will dig his toes into the back cushions and start climbing up the back. He will even try to climb up your body while you are holding him.
- OUCH!
- That would be me as he sneaks up to chew on my leg. He is very sneaky; he will act like he is hugging me the he will start chewing on me. Or that could be when he stands on the top of my feet. He likes to stand on the top of my foot and wiggle around. Here lately he will put all his weight on one foot and stand on mine. That really hurts.
- No!
- He is in to everything! He knows what he is not suppose to mess with too. When he is doing something that he is not suppose to (like play with the remotes or touch the speakers) he either gets really quite if we are out of sight or looks at us as he does it to see what we are going to do.
- Love You!
- We tell him that we love him all the time. At times I think he is trying to say it back to us but he quiet got it down yet.
- Where's Josiah?
- We say that when we are playing peak a boo or when the little sneak get around/over one of the barrier constructed to keep him out. He loves to show us that he can get through the barricades and hide from us or get to the computer.
- Dis?
- Josiah will point at something (sometimes he points with his thumb) and asks "Dis?" Sometimes it even sounds like he is asking "What dis?" We always try to figure out what he is pointing at and tell him what it is.



No comments:
Post a Comment