Monday, July 19, 2010

Nothing to do today

Josiah and I did not have anything to do today, and we loved it.  We went for a walk this morning and then went to Wal-Mart this afternoon.  I wanted to get some plastic plates for Josiah to eat off of.  I was not real fired up to give him one of my Feistawear plates.  He likes to swipe his hands across his tray when his is done and send what ever is left on it flying; although he didn't throw the saucers when we used them.  I was able to get a set of 4 plates for 50 cents in the summer clearance section.  I also got some crayons, markers, and colored pencils for my classroom.  Wal-Mart has been remodeling and this was the 1st time I noticed all the school supplies. 
The purpose of our Wal-Mart trip was to get some oil, so we could fry some okra and squash for supper.  Trey worked later tonight so I had already fed Josiah (green peas and Spaghetti Ohs).  Josiah loves to watch Trey cook.  If Trey is cooking I have to stand in the kitchen and hold Josiah so he can watch.  There have even been times that I have finish the meal so Trey can go play with Josiah.  The boy loves to be around his daddy.  Tonight Trey gave Josiah a piece of the fried okra and he LOVED it.  He kept reaching for more everytime he saw the plate with it. 
We are blessed to have such a good eater.  He loves fruits and veggies, but he is not a big meat eater.  He will eat a little bit of chicken, turkey, and ham if he can feed himself.  He will also eat turkey and ham in sandwiches.  If we are eating out he will do better at a buffet than fast food.  I am not complaining at all; I would much rather eat at Golden Corral than McDonalds.  I think that Miller's is his favorite place to eat.
These pictures have nothing to do with the post but I didn't take any pictures today.  I thought I would share a few more of his 1 year old photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment